- Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM Digital Power Design
- UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode) - Flexible & Easy BIOS Interface
- LucidLogix Virtu (Universal Switchable Graphics) - Auto Switching between Integrated Graphics and NVIDIA/AMD Cards
- Intel Smart Response Technology - SSD Speed with HDD Capacity
- BT GO! (Bluetooth) - Diverse BT Enjoyment, New Technology Lifestyle
- GPU Boost - Push the Limits with iGPU Level Up!
- Quad USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s Support - Double Access, Double Convenience
- Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!
UEFI BIOS (EZ Mode)
Flexible & Easy BIOS Interface
Exclusive to ASUS motherboards, its UEFI (Unified Extensible FirmwareInterface) is the first ever mouse-controlled graphical BIOS interfacedesigned with dual selectable modes. It delivers a user-friendlyinterface that goes beyond traditional keyboard-only BIOS controls toenable more flexible and convenient input with quick scrolling. Userscan easily navigate the UEFI BIOS with the smoothness of their operatingsystem. Quick and simple overclocking and setup sharing is facilitatedby the F12 hotkey BIOS snapshot feature. The exclusive EZ Mode displaysfrequently-accessed setup info, while the Advanced Mode is forexperienced performance enthusiasts that demand far more intricatesystem control, including detailed DRAM information.
Supports Hard Drives over 2.2TB
ASUS UEFI BIOS natively supports hard drives larger than 2.2TB in64-bit, with full storage space utilization helping deliver far moreexciting computing than traditional BIOS versions.
Exclusive ASUS Interface
- EZ Mode - gives easy access to selectable, optimized system modes, clear system info display and drag and drop boot prioritizing
- Advanced Mode - for experienced performance enthusiasts that demand intricate system settings
Universal Switchable Graphics Technology
LucidLogix Virtu is designed for the Intel Sandy Bridge platformpowerful integrated graphics. Its GPU virtualization dynamically assignstasks to the best available graphics resources based on power,performance and system load on Windows 7 based PCs. It allows users tofully utilize the unique capabilities of advanced Sandy Bridgemultimedia features alongside the high end 3D rendering performanceprovided by installed graphics cards. When no discrete graphics areneeded, the graphics card is put in idle mode to lower utilization,heat, fan speed and power draw down to near zero, making the system moreenvironmentally-friendly. For users with diverse needs, LucidLogixVirtu GPU virtualization provides great flexibility and efficiency. Universal Switchable Graphics
LucidLogix Virtu GPU virtualization technology assigns tasks tothe best available GPU, allowing dynamic graphics switching betweenintegrated graphics and NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards.3X Faster Video Conversion
With switchable graphics, all ASUS P8Z68 Series motherboardsleverage the transcoding power of Sandy Bridge, allowing users to enjoythree times faster video conversion with Intel Quick Sync Videotechnology.
Intel Smart Response Technology
SSD Speed with HDD Capacity
Intel Smart Response Technology boosts overall system performance. Ituses an installed fast SSD (min 18.6GB available capacity) as a cachefor frequently accessed data. Harness the combination of SSD-likeperformance and response with hard drive capacity, that is 4X faster thana HDD-only system.
Digital Power Design: The New Standard
The world first Dual Intelligent Processors from ASUS pioneered theuse of two onboard chips - EPU (Energy Processing Unit) and TPU (TurboVProcessing Unit). The new generation of Dual Intelligent Processors 2with DIGI+ VRM provides precise Vcore PWM, integrated graphics voltagesand frequency module adjustments with minimal power loss through BIOStuning and an exclusive user interface to increase the boardoverclocking range while performance reaches its full potential. ASUSDIGI+ VRM digital power design empowers users with superior flexibilityand perfect precision to ensure optimized performance, extreme systemstability and greater power efficiency.
Herald the Arrival of a New Digital Power Design Era
VRM, or voltage regulator modules, are considered among the mostessential motherboard design components. They supply the voltagedemanded by the CPU, and a good VRM must intelligently detect actual CPUpower draw to provide precise power accordingly. ASUS DIGI+ VRM is aninnovative, industry-leading technology that fully integrates IntelVRD12 specifications on a native level, greatly enhancing power to gofar beyond the limits of analog designs.Advantages of ASUS DIGI+ VRM Digital Power Design
Unlike previous VRD versions, Intel VRD12 uses digital signals (SVID).To ensure perfect power delivery, ASUS specially designed DIGI+ VRM tosync completely with this new technology.
- Faster sensing and response:ASUS DIGI+ VRM acts as a digital controller to perfectly match digitalpower signal (SVID) requests from the CPU, eliminating digital-to-analogconversion lag.
- Better cooling: exclusive dual driver and MOSdesign doubles the heat dissipation area with expanded cooling surfacesfor improved thermal performance. Spacing components out over a widerarea speeds up cooling to enhance reliability and stability.
- 2X CPU power supply:the same exclusive dual driver and MOS design also provides twice theCPU power supply with two complete power stages. This results in fargreater phase load tolerances, so the CPU never has to wait for power toarrive, increasing performance and overclocking potential.